Three things that I need to have / need to do soon:
- A bona fide drinking night.Â One with people that I am absolutely comfortable with and can completely be myself around.
- A fete.Â A fun fete not a fancy fete.Â I want to wear runners and get messy.Â This can totally be combined with item # 1 but I need to go to one of these soon.
- A full nightâ€™s sleep.Â My throat still bothers me at night and I wake up a lot in the middle of the night because of it.Â I would like one night where I can sleep the entire night through.
Fictional characters that Beanz is infatuated with:
- An elf in a band of odd mythical creatures in search of a magical ring.
- A vampire that does not sparkle in the sunlight.
- A badass southerner that hunts zombies.
Things that have disappointed me lately:
- Egyptian food.Â I love ethnic food.Â Most ethnic foods are so yummy and flavourful.Â And I had extremely high hopes for Egyptian food.Â And I was disappointed because it was not as good as I was expecting it to be.Â It was good, just not as good as I had hoped it would be.
- City of Glass.Â I had some really high hopes for this book series.Â I mean, it has all these supernatural characters and fighting and action and I love this kind of stuff.Â But it was the ongoing and underlying love theme that ruined it for me.
- My blackberry.Â I have been loyal to Blackberry for years now.Â I have never had any reason to switch over to the iphone.Â But my phone is slowly getting on my nerves.Â It has a battery life of tem minutes (no lie).Â If I use my phone as only a phone, the battery will last about an hour.Â If I use the camera, or the internet then it is done after ten minutes.Â Itâ€™s absolutely ridiculous.
Things that have impressed me lately:
- Fright Night at the local recreation centres.Â I never even knew that our local rec centres even had these nights.Â It was Maksâ€™ best friendâ€™s mom that told me about the fright night and then we checked them out.Â Fright nights are haunted houses, face painting, wagon rides, and all kinds of spooktacular fun for kids.Â I know it sounds cheesy and I fully expected it to be cheesy but it was fun.Â There are lots of things for different ages to do and there was nothing too scary.Â The kids really liked it.Â In fact, it was so much fun that we are going to another one tonight.*
- Captain Phillips.Â I like specific types of movies.Â I am not really a fan of dramas or political based movies and when I went to see this movie, I really didnâ€™t think that I would like it as much as I did.Â It was a fairly easy watch.Â And I think Tom Hanks should definitely be an Oscar contender for his performance.
- BBM.Â I have been using BBM forever but as people moved away from Blackberry, my BBM contact list has been getting smaller and smaller.Â But now that BBM is available for iphones also, my contact list is growing again.
*the second adventure to fright night sucked.Â The last time we went there was a fair bit of people but it was orderly and the wait times were not too bad.Â This time, not so much.Â The line ups went around the building and there were security guards everywhere because people in large crowds tend to get unruly.Â The kids stood in line for over an hour to get into the haunted house and when it was finally their turn, the house was closed because something was broken inside.Â It was disappointing to say the least.
- I went to the “soft” grand opening of the Target store in Milton on Tuesday and it was an adventure.Â I have been to Target in the US many times and was a bit apprehensive about Target coming to Canada.Â So when my boss suggested that we take up an offer to go to the soft opening, I jumped at the chance.Â I wanted to see what was up.Â And what was up was people.Â Lots and lots of people.Â I didn’t see much merchandise.Â Just waves and waves of bodies.Â We left 2 minutes after arriving.Â I think I’ll go back when the hype dies down.
- Maks started Tae Kwan Do classes.Â So far he really likes it.Â He’s not too pleased that he is not learning any moves like the Karate kid but he is hopefully he’ll start learning some moves soon.
- Mat is almost, kinda sorta potty trained.Â He still has the occasional accident but so far he is doing really, really well.Â He lets me know when he has to go to the bathroom and that is a huge deal.
- More on Mat, he is graduating in two weeks to the preschool room at the daycare.Â I can see how quickly he is growing up and I know that he is getting better at doing things on his own but I still can’t wrap my head around the idea that in two weeks he’s going to go from being a toddler to becoming a preschooler.Â I am not ready to give up my baby yet.
- Millhouse still works crappy hours.
The operative word in that title is “supposed”.
I ain’t slowing anything down this September and that might be just what I need.Â Here’s what I have to look forward to and this is just for right now.Â I am sure that more things are going to show up as the month progresses.
September 2nd – this is my 6th wedding anniversary.Â Since Millhouse and I had an impromptu anniversary dinner last week, we aren’t going to be celebrating our anniversary on this day, instead, it is the day that we are having Mat’s 2nd birthday party.Â Mat was born the day after our anniversary so depending on how the days fall, we tend to forgo our anniversary plans to make sure that he has a kick ass type of birthday.
September 3rd – Mat’s actual 2nd birthday.Â Since we are having his birthday the day before his actual birthday we are not going to have anything super big on his actual birthday.Â We will get him a little cake for him to totally destroy and maybe order in some pizza or something for him.Â I’ll save a couple of presents for him to open on his actual birthday too.
September 9th – I am helping Cecilia out at the Canadian Cancer Society’s walk to end female cancers.Â She is running a booth from 7am (yelp!) to 10am so I will be up bright and early helping her set up and eventually clean up.Â Even though her portion of the event ends in the late morning, I have a feeling that I am not going to be getting home until later in the after.Â I am guessing that by the time I get home, I am going to need a nap.
September 16th – Beanz and I have to attend a wedding shower for one of our cousins on my mom’s side.Â I had a dream last night that the shower was this monstrosity of red tulle and mismatched decorations.Â I am hoping that it is not going to be anything like that but we are going to have to wait and see how it comes out.Â My main concern, is always the food.Â I hope they have some good food.
September 22nd – the kids all start swimming lessons again.Â This is going to be a set Saturday activity from now until Christmas.Â Even though the classes are only an hour in the middle of the day, it usually end sup eating up most of the day.Â I am not sure how that ends up happening.
September 25th – almost a year to the day that I went back to work from my maternity leave with Mat, I have to go back to work after my leave.Â This date is subject to change.Â It depends on how well the therapist thinks I am doing.
This just seems fitting.
1. What did you do in 2011 that youâ€™d never done before? Went to a actual casino.Â I had never been before and it was everything that I expected it to be.
2. Did you keep your new yearâ€™s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?Â Nope.Â I gained more weight.Â Maybe I should just resolve to gain weight.Â I seem to be able to that no problem.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?Â Yup, on Christmas Eve.Â And I have another friend due earlyÂ 2012.Â What can I say?Â Hooray for little girls!Â 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die?Â Unfortunately, yes.Â The year started with deaths and I continued to lose people up until September.Â I really hate Cancer.
5. What countries did you visit?Â We went to see the Yanks in the US.Â :)Â Â Gosh, I love â€˜em.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didnâ€™t have in 2011? Financial securityâ€¦â€¦and a winning lottery ticket.Â All I need is a million dollars and Iâ€™ll be set.
7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?Â I donâ€™t know the exact dates but I know that there are two moments in my life that will forever be in my heart.Â 1 -Â when my dad was declared officially clear of Cancer.Â 2 -Â the day my dad was given the OK to fly back to Trinidad.Â Those were HUGE days in 2011.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I really donâ€™t have one.
9. What was your biggest failure? The fact that my stomach still jiggles when I jump up and down and that I still have back fat.Â I hate my back fat.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Â Nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought?Â A real, grown up purse.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?Â The kids.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?Â My momâ€™s family but that is status quo for them.
14. Where did most of your money go? The damn daycare!!
15. What did you get really excited about?Â Going to see Jay Z and Kanye
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?Â Um, I donâ€™t really have one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
â€“ Happier or sadder? Â The same
â€“ Thinner or fatter?Â Sadly fatter
â€“ Richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish youâ€™d done more of? Saved money
19. What do you wish youâ€™d done less of?Â Eat.Â OK, I lie.Â I love to eat.Â The only way I would eat less is if I had my jaw wired shut.Â I change this answer to worry.Â I wish I worried less.Â There, thatâ€™s better.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family and in laws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?Â Nope.
22. What was your favourite TV program? Big Bang Theory.Â This narrowly beat out Chopped and Eat St.Â And that says a lot because I love, love my food network shows.Â But I now have this deep love for Raj and Sheldon that even food network canâ€™t compete with.
23. What was the best book you read?Â Lord!Â This one is hard.Â How about every single Harry Potter book ever written.Â Also, I loved the Hunger Games.Â And I rediscovered the Year of the Flood.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?Â Adele!Â She is freaking amazing!
25. What did you want and get?Â Rainbow cookies from the Italian bakery
26. What did you want and not get? That elusive winning lottery ticket.Â But I havenâ€™t given up on it though.Â Maybe Iâ€™ll get it in 2012.
27. What was your favourite film of this year?Â Donâ€™t know.Â I didnâ€™t really watch a lot of movies.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?Â Cake with the family because I turn the big 3 â€“ 2.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Â The elusive winning lottery ticket?
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?Â I claim the â€œmessy bunâ€ as my hair for all of 2012.
31. What kept you sane? The kids and cake
32. What political issue stirred you the most?Â The death of Jack Layton
33. Who did you miss?Â Various people at various times of the year.Â But the most notable were:Â Uncle B at DiwaliÂ and Wicked every single time we went to back to where I grew up.
34. Who was the best new person you met?Â I really didnâ€™t meet anyone new this year.Â Maybe Maksâ€™ teachers because they are pretty awesome.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.Â Always tell people you love that you love them.Â Sometimes thereâ€™s no tomorrow.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.Â *crickets*