I don’t think that I have done one of these in a couple of years. They so suit me though, so I decided to resurrect them. I probably won’t do them as regularly as I used to do but they should start making an appearance more often.
- I have rekindled my love affair with cheesies. This is a horribly bad time to rekindle this bad romance because I have a little under four months to get ready for Trinidad carnival and I have been doing nothing to get ready for Trinidad Carnival but eating cheesies. Not good at all.
- Mat has a girlfriend. He told his father. He has not told me. He also expressly told him father not to tell me. And to this day his father has not told me. But I think that his father has forgotten that he was told this and that is why he hasn’t mentioned anything to me. I know about this because I overheard them having a chat one evening. HE IS FOUR YEARS OLD!! I am better off not knowing.
- My new office is really cold. I was told that personal heaters are not allowed but I noticed that some people do have personal heaters at their desks. So I think that I am going to bring in a personal heater and just not mention it unless I am asked about it.
- Because I am a glutton for punishment, the dates for Mud Hero 2015 have been released and I am thinking of running the course again. I want to tackle and conquer those mother trucking walls next year. I just need to figure out what course I want to run and I need to figure out who I will be looping in to run the course with me. Any volunteers?
- Mat has decided that for Halloween he wants to be half Batman and half Bane. How am I supposed to do that?! Finding a Batman costume is easy but finding a little kid Bane costume is impossible. I don’t even think that they have little kid Bane costumes. I told him that he could be Batman but he is not having it. I may just put my foot down and tell him that he has to be a ninja turtle.
Maksâ€™ teacher asked Maks what I do for a living.
His response:Â she works with boats and army men.*
Maksâ€™ teacher asked Maks what his dad does for a living.
His response:Â he eats.
Asked Mats (3 years old) how old he was.
His response:Â 11
*he was pretty close.Â I donâ€™t work directly with the army men though.Â Thatâ€™s another department.
As a member of the 2012 Social committee was to coordinate the staff family Christmas party.Â It was a pretty easy gig to coordinate.Â The company paid for the venue and the presents for the kids, we just had to do the wrapping and organize the music.
This year, like every other year, we had karaoke.Â We have this one family that loves to sing and they even go so far as to tell us what equipment to provide so that they have the right sound system for their “performance”.Â This year we needed to get line 6 dt25 at guitar center.Â I had no idea what that was but I took in the sheet of paper with the specs on it and the dude totally knew what to give me.
All in all, the party went off without a hitch.Â And now, I know a bit about music.
I made 2 dozen jam tarts and 2 dozen chocolate covered marshmallows today.
They were gone in 30 minutes.
You wouldn’t have known that I even made anything because there was no trace of any of it by the time it was all eaten up.Â I didn’t even have time to take a proper picture of it all.
I guess that tomorrow I will be baking instead of researching about roll about rentals.Â But I don’t mind.Â I guess that just means that my baking is pretty good.
So Kanye West would watch Kim Kardashian’s sex tape prior to having sexual relations with other women.Â It was what got him in the “mood”.
And he also has a sex tape with a Kim Kardashian look a like.
That’s not love.
That’s an episode of Criminal Minds.
- I have discovered CafÃ© Patron.Â It is some good drinking.Â It has all the funness of tequila without the lime and salt.Â And now I am trying to work it into the adults only events that we usually have throughout the year.Â So far, because I want to find an excuse to have some, I have decided that Millhouse will have a festive birthday get together and so will Cecilia.Â Even if they donâ€™t want to have one.Â They really have no choice.Â JÂ And Beanz may be getting a bottle for her birthday because she has an undying love for tequila too.
Moral:Â found new booze, must find excuses to drink.
- Pinterest wonâ€™t work for me.Â Every time I try to sign up or sign in, it wonâ€™t let me.Â I get error messages that I have an invitation pending and I have to create a log in.Â I am taking it as a sign that the Pinterest Gods have no interest in me.
Moral:Â you can call me a lot of things but you canâ€™t call me tech savvy.
- Iâ€™m computer â€“ less at home.Â Mat managed to bend my charger so that it wonâ€™t fit into my laptop anymore.Â And Millhouseâ€™s laptop charger is MIA.Â So we have two perfectly good, working computers and no chargers.Â So I have been trying t squeeze in my personal computer stuff at work.Â Given my lack of blog posts lately, itâ€™s pretty obvious that I am failing miserably at getting personal stuff done at work.
Moral:Â I need to improve on my slackerness
- Millhouse has started requesting brussel sprouts for dinner.Â If you know my husband, you know, he dislikes the majority of vegetables.Â So him requesting brussel sprouts for several weeks in a row, can only mean one thing.Â Heâ€™s been kidnapped by aliens and this is a malfunctioning clone.
Moral:Â my husband is an alien.
Oh come on, you knew I was going to do one.Â Itâ€™s almost mandatory.
And oodles of clichÃ©ness.
Here are my resolutions for this year.
- To be the best mother that I can possibly be.Â Note that I didnâ€™t say I wanted to be a perfect mother.Â Those only exist on TV and the occasional book.Â I want to be the best mom that I can.Â So my kids might have Cheese Whiz and fish sticks but I want them to know that I love them more than all the chocolate in the world.Â Always.
- To sign up and attend a cooking class.Â I find cooking and baking relaxing.Â I spend as much time as I can making edible things.Â I would love to actually allow myself to be challenged in a class.Â And while I am in this class, I will step out of my shell and actually talk to the other people in the class.Â I am saying thatÂ I resolute to socialize.
- I will say, think or write something nice, helpful or constructive for someone every single day of this year.Â I will not be aghast at the vast level of stupid that I come across on a daily basis.Â Instead, I will find a positive in there and use that to be nice and possibly friendly.
- I will help Millhouse become the person that he strives so hard to be.Â My husband has been in a state of evolution since we met.Â He hasnâ€™t been comfortable with himself for a long time.Â And now I will try my best to help Millhouse discover what he wants and needs to be the person he strives to be.
- Lastly, I vow not to let sponsored posts take over my blog anymore.Â I refuse to whore out my blog for the sake of revenue generation.Â I will use it for what it was intended, a snapshot into my ever jumbled mind.Â 🙂
I was supposed to write this yesterday but that didnâ€™t happen.Â I got tied up with the Caterer jobs.
I want to change my work voicemail toÂ say:Â
Hi!Â Youâ€™ve reached my desk.Â Physically, Iâ€™m here all day.Â Mentally, Iâ€™m still in bed.Â Leave me a message and see what happens.
I think that would be an awesome message.
Gingerbread men have taken over the office.Â I am doing my part to stop the invasion and eating all of them that I can find.Â I eat their heads first.Â According to my coworker that makes me mean.Â What part do you eat first?
I donâ€™t mind getting socks and underwear for Christmas.Â I mean theyâ€™re not the most awesomest gift ever but theyâ€™re damn useful.Â One can never have too many socks.
Thatâ€™s all I got.
Mat has his first ever class â€œconcertâ€ this Thursday.Â I am so looking forward to it.Â Mat just mastered the art of walking.Â The only word that he says consistently is â€œbabaâ€.Â All of his classmates are around the same level in walking and speaking so seeing how the teachers plan on corralling them into a group to put on a show is always fun.Â Their version of singing is a collection of some giggles, some shouts and one little kid that has a meltdown.Â Itâ€™s always an adventure to watch.Â
I remember at Maksâ€™ first concert, we all sat on the floor, the kids were all given bells and the parents sang the Christmas carols with the kids.Â It was a ton of fun and even though Maks doesnâ€™t remember it, I sure do.Â I hope that we do something similar with Mat.Â It makes for great memories and for a big appreciation of the teachers.
I donâ€™t know what to get the boys teachers this year.Â Last year we gave Maksâ€™ two teacher a $20 Tim Hortonâ€™s gift card each.Â This year we have 5 teachers to buy for and spending $100 on the teachers seems a bit much especially now that we only have one income.Â So I have started looking around for some other options for teacher gifts.Â I found two things but I am not sure what is the best thing to give is.Â There is a mug set with two mugs, two packets of coffee and a package of cookies or a bath and body set with hand lotion and sanitizer in mini pink leather backpacks.Â Both of them are good prices but neither seems right for the teachers.Â The mug set seems too mature and the bath set seems too young.Â I havenâ€™t found something that quite suits the teachers yet.
Update:Â I found something!!Â Hooray!!Â It was a complete bath set for $2.99 each!!Â It is bath salts, bath gel, a scented candle and a loofah all in a very cute box with a bow.Â I donâ€™t think it looks too young or old and I really do think that the teachers will like them.Â So hooray for sales!Â One more present off my list.
Itâ€™s cold and dreary today.Â Itâ€™s the perfect day for soup and to be curled up in bed.
Iâ€™m doing neither.Â
I have cheetos though.
I know, it doesnâ€™t seem like an even trade to me either.
I dislike meetings.Â I think theyâ€™re pointless and a waste of my time.Â Sitting around discussing things can be done in a matter of minutes.Â Long drawn out discussions make no sense to me.Â
I really dislike two hour meetings, first thing in the morning.Â
I especially dislike two hour meetings first thing in the morning with no real content and filled with buzz words.Â
And I despise 2 hour meetings first thing in the morning, which are filled with buzz words and no real content, and there is NO coffee!!
I wore a toque in the office today.
It was green and furry.
It had two googly eyes and horns on the top.
I have to entertain myself like this or the stupidity will get me and my brain will melt.Â Did I mention that I was in a long ass, pointless, coffeeless meeting this morning?
Now the hat makes sense, doesnâ€™t it.