Another recipe for Mo.
This whole recipe takes me no more than 15 minutes to make and everyone loves it.Â You can throw in any veggies that you want and you can any protein that you have in the house.Â We just happen to really like fish.Â And all I had veggie wise were bell peppers.Â So that’s what went into the dish.
This one is supposed to be spicy but because I keep forgetting to buy chillies, it isn’t really hot.Â But if you want it super spicy, by all means throw in some chillies.
- 2 – 4 filets of white fish (Basa, Tilapia, or Sole)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- oil for shallow frying
- 6 – 7 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2″ of ginger chopped
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 3 – 4 chopped chillies
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1.5 cups of water
- 2 dashes of sesame oil
- Cut the fish into bite size pieces.
- Heat up the frying oil.
- In a bowl combine the cut up fish, salt, black pepper, corn starch and egg whites and mix until the fish is coated.
- Fry the fish in the oil until golden brown.
- Once golden, remove from the oil and set aside on a paper towel to drain out some of the oil.
- Add some olive oil to a sauce pan.
- Add the garlic, bell peppers, salt and ground ginger to a sauce pan.Â Saute the peppers until they are coated with the oil.
- Add the cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and fried fish.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Once the mixture starts to reduce add the chopped ginger and sesame oil.