Busy Weekend

We had so much going on this weekend, it was crazy busy.  Looking at it on paper, it doesn’t look like much but actually doing it is hard.

This is what we did:


  • Got up and out of the house by 9am so we could run some errands and get the grocery shopping out of the way.  We were back home by 11am but by the time we had put away all the groceries and tidied up it was noon.
  • At 1230 Beanz and I went to bootcamp for two hours.  We got our butts kicked.  It still hurts me to sit and stand up today.  My muscles are aching in my upper thighs and butt but I am still going to push myself to work out.  I need to get fit.  Millhouse stayed home with the kids and ordered pizza for lunch.
  • At 4pm we organized the kids, got them all dressed in their snowsuits and light up Santa hats and headed over to the local Santa Claus parade.  Baby was in his snowsuit and smushed into his carrier.  I kept him strapped to my stomach the whole time because I was afraid of having “walk” in the big crowds.  It rained a little bit when we first got there but things cleared up, just as the parade started and the kids got to see Santa about two hours after we got there.  The kids were happy they got to see Santa but by the time he had passed by, they just wanted to go home.  Having a parade at night is pretty with all the lights but it can also be really draining on the kids and parents alike.
  • When we got home, it was a quick dinner of leftover pizza, baths and bed.  I went to sleep when the kids did because I was exhausted and my muscles were killing me.


  • Woke up in crazy pain, my leg muscles felt like they were on fire, and with a head cold.  I think going to the outdoor Santa Claus parade with damp hair wasn’t the best idea.
  • At 11am, Beanz and I packed up the big kids and we headed over to the movie theater to see Happy Feet 2.  It was a super cute movie.  The kids enjoyed it, and I liked the second one better than the first.  I think there were more songs in this one and I liked that part of it.
  • After the movie, the kids had reading time and I made a lasagna and bread salad for dinner.  By the time I got the food together, I felt completely like crap.  So I gave the boys dinner and their baths, then I had some ginger tea and was in bed by 7pm.  Millhouse was in charge of bedtime.

I still feel crappy today but I am hoping to shake this cold by the weekend.  I am going to steal some of Millhouse’s Cold FX and see if that helps me.  Also, my legs, are very sore and achy!  I think that I may have pulled something on Saturday.  I am literally walking funny because my legs hurt so bad.  Maybe going as hard as I did at bootcamp was not the best idea.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *